Terms of service
Effective date: October 9, 2020
These terms ("Terms") describe actions by Users that are mandated or prohibited by DTMF.io. "Users" means customers of DTMF.io, and those customers' own customers and/or end users.
These terms are subject to change from time to time in DTMF.io's sole discretion with such changes being effective upon posting at <https://dtmf.io/terms>. Please review these terms carefully.
Services may be used only for lawful, proper and appropriate purposes. Users must use any Services only in a manner that, in DTMF.io's sole discretion, is consistent with the purposes of such Services. Users will not engage in any legal or illegal activity that either (i) harms DTMF.io, the network operated by DTMF.io, the Services and/or any User, or (ii) interferes with the network operated by DTMF.io and/or the provision or use of the Services by DTMF.io or any User. Services may not be used for illegal, improper, and/or inappropriate purposes.
Illegal purposes include, but are not limited to:
- using any Service in connection with the violation of or to violate any Laws (as defined hereinafter); or
- engaging in threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, malicious, deceptive or fraudulent behavior.
As used herein, “Laws” includes applicable international, federal, state, or local law, code(s) of practice, rule(s) or regulation(s).
Improper and/or inappropriate uses include, but are not limited to:
- using the Services in a manner that causes injury to person or property;
- using the Services in any manner that violates industry standards or any third-party policies;
- without permission from the owner of a system or network, doing any of the following:
- accessing the system or network,
- monitoring data or traffic,
- probing, scanning, and/or testing firewalls,
- testing the vulnerability of a system or network, or
- breaching or bypassing any security or authentication routines of a system or network;
- conducting or forwarding surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, charity requests or chain letters;
- flooding, overloading, attacking or otherwise interfering with a system or network;
- sending unsolicited calls, messaging, e-mailings (including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements) if such unsolicited activities could reasonably be expected to or do in fact provoke complaints;
- falsifying User or other identifying information provided to DTMF.io or to other Users of the Services;
- use of any Services in violation or any trademark, copyright, or any other intellectual property protection law or provision, or AUP policy of any third party provider;
- continuous or extensive chat line or conference call participation, use of free conference calling or similar services that DTMF.io in its sole discretion deems to participate in traffic stimulation practices or schemes that result in excessive charges;
- use of an open telephone line as a monitoring, intercom or similar service;
- repetitive and/or continuous messaging or calling to the same destination or number if such activity could reasonably be expected to or in fact does provoke complaints;
- long duration calls (defined as calls to the same number in excess of four continuous or cumulative hours within a 24 hour period) and/or calls placed to specific numbers / destinations for the purpose of generating charges or fees for or with a third party;
- use of call Services in a manner which does not consist of uninterrupted live human voice dialog by and between natural human beings;
- restricting or inhibiting any other User or any other person from using and enjoying the Services and/or the Internet; or engaging in any of the foregoing activities by using the services of another provider or third party and channeling such activities through an account provided by DTMF.io, or otherwise involving the Services or any DTMF.io account in any way with or without another provider or third party for the purpose of facilitating the foregoing activities.
IN NO EVENT WILL DTMF.IO BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES FOR ACTIONS TAKEN OR NOT TAKEN PURSUANT TO THIS POLICY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF DTMF.IO WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IN FAVOR OF DTMF.IO IS IN ADDITION TO ANY LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN ANY AGREEMENT BETWEEN DTMF.IO AND ANY APPLICABLE USER AND WILL APPLY WHETHER THE ACTION IN WHICH RECOVERY IS SOUGHT IS BASED IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY), OR ANY APPLICABLE LAWS.